Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Stubborn Love

When I'm feeling low, I sing this old song by Amy Grant. It speaks to the heart.


I'm caught again,
Your faithless friend
Do you ever tire of hearing
What a fool I've been
Guess I should pray what can I say
Oh, it hurts to know the hundred times
I've caused you pain
Forgive me sounds so empty
When I never change
Yet you stay and say you love me
Still forgiving me time and time again

Chorus:
It's your stubborn love
That never lets go of me
I don't understand how you can stay
Perfect love, embracing the worst in me
How I long for your stubborn love

Funny me, just couldn't see,
Even long before I knew you, you were loving me
Sometimes I cry, you must cry too,
When you see the broken promises
I made to you, I keep saying that I'll tryst you,
Though I seldom do,
Yet you stay and say you love me
Still knowing someday I'll be like you

(Chorus)
It's your stubborn love that never lets go of me
I don't understand how you stay
Perfect love, embracing the worst in me
And you'll never let me go
I believe I finally know,
I can't live without, your stubborn love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home