Friday, August 27, 2004

Hay naku...!

Both me & my husband didn't get to sleep all night Thursday. Our daughter and son are both sick. See, the thing is we brought both of them to the doctor, but actually it was only my son who has an annual check up for that day, but knowing life here in America, man, every penny counts. We didn't leave our daughter to the babysitter (so we didn't have to pay) 'coz we thought it was ok to bring her, and we always do. This time she caught a flu and has passed it on to her brother. My son was cranky all night and it was really a test of patience. He sleeps for a few minutes every hour from 11:30 pm of Thursday 'til 5 or 6 am of Friday. Every so often he would cry because his nose is stuffy ... well actually he has a runny nose, but then he still has problem breathing. On top of that he has a cough. All this happened in a matter of one day that we brought them to the doctor's office. That was lesson enough for us. We would still bring both of them during check ups but the other one not scheduled to see the doctor would stay outside the office. Yes, not even in the waiting room, were we suspected my daughter caught the flu. There were lots of toys in the doctor's office to entice every child that go there, oh but please if you can let them not play with it, by all means, do it. There is no "flu season" to these kids. When they get it, they get it, period.

I can't stress enough how hard it is for parents to see their kids getting sick and getting cranky. But them not getting sick is not the end of it. If they don't get the flu they get some other thing going on... say like, bumps, cuts, and bruises from playing. These, all parents would agree, are normal and a part of growing up. There is no way you can raise your child without them getting hurt once in a while. Getting hurt could give them benefits for their future, too. You just have to take it as one of life's trials.

Jumping to another story... this is one I would consider stupidly funny. I, yes me, was looking for one more precious CD online. I saw ebay has it so I went there directly. I was looking for the CD of the album of Chris Christian - Mirror of Your Heart. I had a cassette tape version of it, but I tell you, I luv, luv'd, the songs in it. Anyway, I got excited when I saw one ebay seller put it up for auction. But there was this "buy it now" icon beside the title. I didnt want to waste time bidding so I hit the buy-it-now button, and presto! I won the album. I got so excited to see that the price was only $2.99! Golly gee, I said to myself, what a bargain I got! I waited and waited for it to be shipped to me. Finally, on the 5th day, I saw this media mail in our mail box. I was surprised to see a 12" x 12" x 1" box, and I thought, this guy (seller), doesn't know what size to use ... I ordered a CD and he put it in a big box. "How stupid of him" I said, talking to myself. I didn't open it right away, although my excitement has got my adrenalins workin'. Finally, I found the time to open it. And what do you know ... "Nye! Plaka pala 'to!" LP pa kamo! So that's the reason why it was in a big box - it was a vinyl record! Stupid me (now it's me) didn't check to see the specs! I don't know what happened there, but it was there, all specifications and stuff, but my eyes run through it like it didn't read the fine prints! Ay tange! Hayan... sobra kasing excited. Instead of being happy, I was extremely dissapointed. I asked my bro who was an Ebay buyer/seller expert if I could possibly return it. He said no and asked "magkano mo ba nabili yan?" I said "$5.99" And my bro almost half laughing and half upset with me... sabi niya: "Diyos ko ka naman! $5.99 lang pala. It would cost you much higher to return it to ebay or the seller and besides when you use the "buy it now" button, you can't return it." Now I am stuck with a Chris Christian LP that I can not play in my entire life! Uso pa ba ang plaka ngayon? hehe.. ewan! Anyway, that was lesson number 2: Don't get too, too excited. Hay naku, Lora...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home