Tuesday, July 06, 2004

How was your 4th?

Last night I watched the movie "ALL MY LIFE" that starred Aga Mulach & Kristine Hermosa by the recommendation of my sis-in-law. I'd say, the movie was okay, but I'd rather watch "Otso-Otso" and laugh all day. The movie was not a happy ending because Aga passed away, and all he left was a son with Kristine. In my opinion, the plot was not that extra-ordinary. I noticed, too, that Aga is rather getting old. His face shows it, although he still looks "hanSAM" (that's the name of the yatch he was renting out in the movie). Maybe if the movie was based on a true-to-life story, I would like it more. I like documentary movies like I love non-fiction books. If you've seen the movie MILAN by Piolo & Claudine -- that's more like it because it portrays a true account of the life of Filipinos in Italy.

Another movie that I saw was "Beauty & the Beast" thru the recommendation of my daughter :-) She's only 2, but she looks like 4 (tall girl). Her mind is that of a 4-year old, too, or so I think. She insisted that we see the old movie by Disney for a couple times.

I know I didn't mention about going to 4th of July sale at Macy's or JC Penny or the outlets for that matter. Our house rule is "Do not buy something on sale just because it is on sale. You have to have a need for it before you buy it." Tough, eh? Kailangan eh. We ended up going to Costco to buy milk and pampers for the kids, and oo nga pala, IKEA to buy some stuff we "need." They went on tax-free that weekend which was a good marketing strategy. They must have grossed hundreds of thousands on Saturday alone, probably millions pa nga.

Anyhow, that was all about it. Today's back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home