Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Kids Stuff, etc...

During the past few nights, I've been immersed in kids' videos mainly due to my 2-year old daughter who doesn't want to watch anything but them. There was also a time, I remember, that I can lipsynch the entire movie of "Finding Nemo" and my husband would just give me a quizzical look. Believe me, there are more lessons we can learn from these movies and sing-a-longs than reading the Cosmopolitan or Mademoiselle. Like these morning, I found myself humming to the tune of "When you wish upon a star."

"If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star as dreamers do ..."
(that's the part I like)

Btw, I highly recommend Baby Einstein DVDs. My husband bought a set for the kids about a year ago from Costco and did not regret buying it... ever! Why? Nothing... my Abi just learned how to talk and identify things around her without us even teaching her... yun lang naman! I recall the first day that I opened that Baby Einstein package (it came with 12 DVDs for roughly $99.00). The first DVD that I opened was a language lab. Kids at the age of 0-36 months are being taught to say greetings, colors and names of toys in various languages (French, Japanese, Russian, etc). I was like ... whoa! If my kid doesn't turn into an genius, I'd make a refund! Anyhow, I'm trying to immerse my 11-month old son with these videos, too. You bet he won't turn his head to anything other than food when he's watching Baby Einstein. The moment he hears the intro music, he jumps and ignores everything around him. One more thing is that, these videos uses classical music as their background. Mind you, you wouldn't find the music boring at all. T'was arranged in such a way that it synchs with the toys that are shown. Enough of the endorsements. They didn't pay me to write these but this is just a mark of a well-satisfied customer.

------------------------------------------------------------

Got this one in my inbox today. Very true indeed...

Three things in life that, once gone, never come back -
Time, Words & Opportunity
Three things in life that may never be lost -
Peace, Hope & Honesty.
Three things in life that are most valuable -
Love, Self-confidence & Friends
Three things in life that are never certain -
Dreams, Success & Fortune
Three things that make a man -
Hard work, Sincerity & Commitment
Three things in life that can destroy a man -
Wine, Pride & Anger
Three things that are truly constant -
Father, Son and Holy Ghost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home