Thursday, May 27, 2004

Runny Nose and Helen Keller

The title seem a bit odd, doesn't it? You may ask, "huh?, where's the connection?" Wala naman talagang koneksyon ang dalawang yan.

This is the story of the "runny nose." I was off from work for a couple of days this week because we do not have a babysitter. It's very stressful when the babysitter (an old lady in her 60's) has to visit her doctor, because it means to both of us to either call-in sick the next day or file for a vacation leave. Anyhow, I asked Yahoo and Yellowpages' help for a list of daycare facilities in our area. I found one close by. We took our two kids with us while the director of the facility gave us a short tour. She showed us all the rooms that our kids would possibly be occupying, until we got to the playground. Our son is in the stroller, while our daughter who is now almost 2 was enjoying prancing on the ground. While our son was happily seated in the stroller, a group of "adventurers" is how they call them, boys and girls of about 4-6 years of age came circling around touching our son. "She's so cute!" blurted one. Hehehe, we have to remind them, our son is a boy! Kasi naman he really looks like a girl, ayan tuloy, everybody calls him a "her", or a "she." Besides his hair is past shoulder lenght, he was wearing a pony tail that day, too. One girl I noticed kept touching his pony tail, then suddenly sneezed for no reason. Then I thought, oh my goodness, please don't let it happen. By the time we went home and time for my babies to sleep my son has caught a cold. Poor thing, he was so cranky and his nose runny. Anyway, I think I caught the cold, too.

I downloaded an e-book on the life of Helen Keller. 243 pages, downloaded it at work (bad girl) shhh... and couldn't stop reading it. The gist of the story here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home