Monday, June 20, 2005

Amused and Bemused

It was late Sunday night, and I decided to change into my comfortable sleepwear. As usual my 2-year old son, who btw is like a chick who goes whenever the mother hen goes, was at my back following my way to the bedroom. I slipped into my shorts because it was quite warm that Sunday night. Needless to say, my shorts were old and had torn hems, but besides that there's this noticeable hole (probably an inch big) at the left side that he saw and put his fingers through, as if making the hole bigger. I told him to let go of it or the hole might reach my waist, and then I continued my way out to the living room. Since our house is not that big, we do the folding of our laundered clothes in the sofa and later put it in their respective drawers. That night, there were still stack of clothes that I haven't had the chance to put in the drawers. My son went to the stack of clothes and found this black legging that I usually wear. He pulled it from the pile and gave it to me and said "mommy suot" (mommy wear this), and I was like... huh? Look at this boy, he is barely 2 but he has the sense to give me something decent to wear ...hehehe. I can't helped it and hugged my son. For him it was nothing, but for me it was some gesture that I will never forget.

Another incident was with my daughter. One Saturday afternoon, we were watching the TV and I wanted to sleep but I can't because my kids are up, and I already learned my lesson not to sleep on the job or you will wake up finding crumbs of cookies scattered on the entire floor of the living room... uhuh! that was an unforgettable lesson. Anyway, I was soooooo sleepy but kept holding it, that I found myself with a terrible headache. I kind of mention to my two kids in passing that I have a headache. My daughter, who is concerned all the time, went up to me and said "Don't cry, I am Dr. Miller" (Dr Miller is their doctor) and started massaging my head and asking me where it hurts. I chuckled and pretended to say "Oh Dr. Miller, I'm glad you're here" "This is where it hurts." She continued to massage my head. Kids say and do the darndest things, don't they?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

LORA!! Sa wakas, regular na ba talaga ang pag-a-update mo sa blog mo?! (-:

Sana. *crosses fingers*

Ayus lang ako, malungkot, pero ayus. Basta..

Hope you're okay, too. (-:

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Student falls off cliff on school trip Local regional long distance phone plans Pop up blocker off &apos &aposbuy phendimetrazine &apos

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home